Posted on September 6, 2008 by sethhorwitz
We had a really fun and informative meeting on September 2, anchored by Rod Murray talking about podcasting and David Kessler talking about videoblogging.
Thanks to Anthony Farrior, who ustreamed the event, you can see videos here:
Dr. Rod Murray is an educational technology leader with 20 years of experience, mostly at Thomas Jefferson University where he teaches pharmacology to 2nd year medical students. He produces a podcast on e-learning technology, Rod’s Pulse Podcast, with over 70 episodes so far. Rod also does web technology consulting with his company, MCS Consulting.
David S Kessler is a fine artist and filmmaker who has been using videoblogging as a medium and a means of distribution for his own work. He is currently working on a body of video work that explores the people and places that David encounters under the El tracks of Kensington, Philadelphia, called Shadow World. And more of David’s work can be found at Studioscopic.
Filed under: Net Tuesday, Net Tuesday Presentations | Tagged: net2, phlnet2, podcasting, video podcasting, videoblogging | Leave a comment »
Posted on June 2, 2008 by ivan
Plans are coming together for a great meeting this Tuesday, June 3 at 6:30 PM, at Independents Hall, 32 Strawberry Street in Old City. RSVP now for the June Net Tuesday!
Highlights from this month’s Net Tuesday will include:
- A report (with demonstrations) from Seth and Ivan about some of the really cool stuff they saw at the annual NetSquared conference in San Jose. A key feature of the conference was a showcase and competition among 21 finalists of the NetSquared Mashup Challenge. Innovative ideas and applications, combined with deep, authentic commitment to social change, produced some really interesting sites in various early stages of development. We will showcase a few of these, including the winners of the Mashup Challenge, and highlight principles and practices we believe will be useful and interesting to Net Tuesday folks.
- A short presentation by Larry Miller of the I Do Foundation about their use of extensible meeting and process management.
- A live update from the Philly WiFi forum happening simultaneously up at Temple University. NOTE: This meeting has been postponed to June 18, so there won’t be an update at the Net Tuesday meeting.
Plus, plenty of time for schmoozing, networking and getting to know one another.
The June Meeting is sponsored by WomenMatter.com — Engaging Women in the Political Process
Good ideas, good people. Hope to see you there! RSVP now.
Update: Presentations from this Net Tuesday are available online.
Filed under: Net Tuesday | Tagged: casestudy, management, mapping, net2, nptech, phlnet2, video | Leave a comment »
Posted on May 29, 2008 by ivan
The NetSquared Mashup Challenge has just concluded. The three winners, chosen by conference attendees, emphasize all three areas of the NetSquared community: social technology, nonprofit tools and social change.
Additionally, there were two winners announced for the Case Foundation DonateNow Mashup Challenge:
- Social Actions — Find Social Actions. Create Social Change. (Also a NetSquared winner.)
- Tweet4Good — Donate a fundraise using Twitter
You can check out videos from the conference from Beth Kanter, and the NetSquared blog will no doubt have writeups in the coming hours and days.
Stay tuned for next Tuesday’s Meetup, where Seth and Ivan will present highlights from the conference and useful tools that other nonprofits can use!
Filed under: NetSquared | Tagged: net2, nptech | 2 Comments »
Posted on May 28, 2008 by ivan
Some really incredible presentations here at the NetSquared conference, both from featured projects and individual speakers. Seth and I are busily collecting information for next Tuesday’s event.
Filed under: NetSquared | Tagged: n2y3, net2, nptech | 2 Comments »
Posted on May 28, 2008 by sethhorwitz
It was great to meet face to face with other Net Tuesday organizers.
Photo of Net Tuesday Organizers at N2Y3 Lunch: Organizers in top row from left to right: (Jennifer Sly (Twin Cities), Fresh! White (San Francisco), Katie Laird (Houston), Ivan Boothe, (Philadelphia), Jean Russell (Chicago), Seth Horwitz (Philadelphia), Sarah Schacht (Seattle), Lewis Hoffman (Chicago), Michael Maranda (Chicago), Lela Prashad (Phoenix), Hatef Yamini (Washington, D.C.), Britt Bravo (San Francisco). Organizers in bottom row from left to right: Jane Zhang (Toronto), Justin Massa (Chicago), Blair Golson (Los Angeles), Eduardo Bejar (Guayaquil), Jason McElweenie (Houston).
Filed under: Net Tuesday, NetSquared | Tagged: n2y3, net2 | Leave a comment »